Monday, August 31, 2009

I LOVE FALL!








Fall is my most favorite time of the year and Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday. People ask "Why Thanksgiving?". I say because it has all the fun without the stress. The food, family, stories, crowded tables, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas too and I'm not too stressed out by it. But I know that a lot of people are crazed by the gift giving and not to just those they know well and love, but to those they hardly know or see but once a year. The hosting and cooking too can have so many expectations. Thanksgiving is much more simple. The menu is set. The food doesn't need to even be that good just that there is lots of it. We host Thanksgiving every year and look forward to it every time. I do try to think of some little surprise or something different each year and it must be pumpkin oriented. We've done pumpkin raviolis, pumpkin soup and pumpkin beer to name a few. This year, pumpkin martini's. Which brings me to my latest blog entry. Pumpkins.

The first signal to my favorite season is pumpkins. Recently we visited our friends Josh and Aly Brewer aka Brewer Family Farms. They are pumpkin farmers and as you can see by the photos they have some fairly unique and rare types of pumpkins as well as hands on events at the farm every Thursday thru Sunday in October. I've urged them to get a facebook page and blog going, but for now you can reach them at 559-681-7000. Tell them Patty sent you.


No comments:

Post a Comment